The Geneva Bughouse
Geneva, Switzerland, July 6-8
1. The program
Saturday, July 6th
Sunday, July 7th
Monday, July 8th
- From 12 PM and all the day long: outdoor
casual bughouse at Parc des Bastions.
2. The places
Echecs-Club Bois-Gentil, c/o Club des Aînés "Les
Cèdres", 9 rue du Grand-Pré.
A comfortable indoor place close to the main railway
- From Sunday on:
Parc des Bastions, just near the Place Neuve.
In this classical outdoor meeting place of
Geneva chessplayers, there are three big tables, many
giant chessboards and ping-pong tables. Of course there
will be plenty of classical boards and clocks as well.
In case of rain, it will be possible to retreat to
a sheltered place in the Parc des Bastions. In case of really bad
weather, play will be at the Echecs-Club Bois-Gentil.
International Swiss Bughouse Championship
- Date: July 6th, 2002, 3 PM
- Place: Club des Aînés « les
Cèdres », 9, rue du Grand-Pré, Genève.
- Entry: free, limited to 20 teams.
- Prize: Trophies to the first team
and to the first all-Swiss team.
- Form: Double round-robin (depending
of the number of participants)
- Time control: 5 minutes.
4. The organisation
- Free accomodation for about 10
participants will be possible at the places of some
Geneva players. Priority will be acknowledged to players
from abroad, and of course to the first ones to
- Enough chessboards and digital clocks will
be provided by Echecs-Club Bois-Gentil
- Stuff to make sandwiches and (hopefully
cold) drinks will be at the free disposal of players
during the whole gathering.
- For subscriptions and/or more details,
feel free to mail Fabrice Liardet, or to
phone me at (+41 22) 301 19 05.